Since our panel at SXSW 2004 didn't have a formal presentation or slideshow to accompany it, I have decided to create this page to keep track of all of the posts, notes, and articles related to the topic at hand for reference.
Blogs have changed the face of the Web, and they're not just for geeks and students anymore. Join D. Keith Robinson (Digital Web Magazine's Editor In Chief), Nick Bradbury (creator of Homesite, TopStyle and FeedDemon), DL Byron (creator of the Clip-n-Seal) and Nick Finck (publisher of Digital Web Magazine as we discuss some real world business applications for blogs and blog-related technology.
- Nick Bradbury, Pres - Bradbury Software LLC
- Nick Finck, Publisher - Digital Web Magazine
- DL Byron, Principal & Inventor - Texturadesign Inc
- D. Keith Robinson, Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center
- can you make a living off of blogging?
- if not, why is blogging so important then?
- if so, how come everyone doesn't have a blog?
- do you think blogs will replace press releases?
- what good are blogs to a company, like on an Intranet?
- what is a klog and why should companies care?
- where does one draw the line between blogging and marketing?
- since RSS feeds are becoming so popular, do you think the value of a website will lessen?
- there has been some discussion recently about blogs vs. traditional media such as newspapers, are blogs a threat to other media?
- how do you convince a CEO that your company needs a blog or klog?
- do you think blogs will ever retain as much credibility as other forms of media?
- if you could change one thing about blogging what would it be?
- How do we drive traffic to my blog?
- If we create a feed for our blog, will our customers know how to access it?
- Should we create an RSS feed or an Atom feed?
- What are the drawbacks of using a hosted blogging service (TypePad, Blogger, etc.) instead of hosting our own blog?
- How frequently should our business post to our blog?
- Should individual authors be permitted to express personal opinions in a company blog?
- Does your blog fit into your brand?
Panelist Blog Posts
- The How and Why of Blogging
- Story of an Intranet Redesign - Part One: IA
- Story of an Intranet Redesign - Part Two: The Users
- Story of An Intranet Redesign - Part Three: Implementation
- A Movable Type Intranet
- Extending Movable Type Beyond The Blog
- Dear Marketer: Have you ever looked into the wrong end of a telescope?
- Building Intranets that Matter
- Ste Grainer Panel: Blogging for Business